I have been following Anuradha’s blog for some time now. Each Monday, she rounded up a ritual of Monday Muffins which I found fascinating. Every Monday all the food bloggers around the world participated in this scrumptious event. I waited for the round up eagerly and drooled over the delicious muffin pictures on her blog. I cannot think of any other way to beat Monday blues away.
This is the first time I am participating in this event and I am excited. This is my first attempt at making muffins. I shirked from participating before as I did not have muffin moulds. But Anuradha was more than willing to overlook this and here is my post for the Muffin Monday.
This time Anuradha wanted us to make the super healthy Granola Muffins. They make such a fantastic snack to munch on anytime. I even sent them in Mimi’s lunch box. Her teacher seemed happy today as she had finished a muffin very quickly unlike other days when she doesn’t seem interested in eating. So this is not the last time I would be making these muffins.
I have on me a box of pumpkin flavoured organic granola which is simply out of this world. Each morning I wake up with anticipation to dig into a bowl of yogurt laced with honey and some pumpkin granola. I used the same to make these muffins and they tasted spectacular. With no butter or sugar it is a guilt free indulgence. Thank you Anuradha for sharing this recipe and am glad to be a part of this Muffin Mania.
Recipe for Granola Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF with a rack in the middle. Grease 12 muffin cups.
2. In a bowl combine the granola and milk in a bowl and let sit for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cover the raisins with hot water and soak for 15 minutes. Drain and dry on paper towels.
3. Sift together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In medium bowl, beat together the eggs, honey, buttermilk or yogurt, canola oil and vanilla. Quickly whisk in the flour, then fold in the granola and raisins. Combine well
5. Spoon into muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then unmold and cool on a rack.
Notes : I used a pumpkin flavoured organic granola and also topped the muffin with more granola for the crunch
I used sunflower oil instead of canola
Used cupcake moulds but the time it took to make it was approximately the same – 20 minutes.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.