Fashion is always exciting. Though am not an ardent follower of trends that come and go every season, I do try to educate myself every now and then. My fashion philosophy is very simple. Keep it elegant and keep it stylish because personal style never goes out of vogue. Also, I believe, fashion should be pocket sensitive as well. I do not believe in blowing up my month’s pay on a dress or a bag. That is just not me. However much I enjoy shopping, I do very select buying which includes pieces that I can mix and match and use more optimally. I automatically veer towards high street brands which are stylish and pocket friendly.
So when I was invited by The Portsmouth Group, Bahrain to attend the HOSS Intropia Brand Launch with a preview of 2014 Autumn/ Winter collections, I jumped at the chance for several reasons.
– It was to my first fashion showcase ever
– HOSS is a brand was new to me and I wanted to know what they had to offer
– Price point ( conveniently placed between the high-end designer brands and the high street brands, it sounded promising)
On a sunny Wednesday morning, I headed to the Kempinksi Grand & Ixir Hotel where the brand’s presentation was being delivered by Ms. Christine Zanon, the Brand Manager. Soon after the models began their walk on the ramp showcasing the Autumn – Winter collection.
A bit more about the collection –
Collection had four different themes for the season:
1. Blue Passion or the elegant flower that bears this name. The colours and shading of this flower have inspired the clothes, ranging from ink, navy, blackberry, bougainvillea and poppy to ivory and black. Gorgeous with androgynous prints were the highlight of this collection.
2. Kokoro – This Japanese word, which means heart, soul, mind and feelings and is also the name of one of the most important novels in Japanese literature, written by Natsume Soeki, Kokoro, Sensei’s Testament, reflects “the heart of Hoss Intropia” ( in their own words). Delicate and feminine fabrics and cuts with vibrant colours such as reds turquoise and yellow portrayed a cheery picture among the otherwise black, greys and whites collection for the season.
3. North Sea. Greys, navy blue and bottle green depicting the cold and grey winter days and nights dominated this theme. Clean cuts and neat lines created a picture of understated elegance.
4. Midnight Shadows ; My personal favourite, this collection was replete with modern and savvy silhouettes. Meant to be worn on special occasions it was a sight to be savoured. Velvet and luxurious without being overly dramatic it still lingers in my memory.
What I personally loved about the collection was that it was simple, sophisticated yet affordable. Ranging from BHD 80 to BHD 160 +, HOSS Intropia was definitely my kind of brand. With fabrics, styles and cuts meant for every occasion, I look forward to their opening sometime towards the end of June at the Bahrain City Center Mall which will house the Spring, Summer and pre – Autumn collection. HOSS Intropia has matching trendy accessories and purses in their collection which were just as interesting.
Thank you Rawia and Kimberly of the Portsmouth Group for having me. It was truly a unique experience!
( Note: It is a sponsored post but all the opinions expressed are solely mine. The pictures are with my iPhone 5 S and a very shaky hand)