I just heard some good news this morning. One of my very good friends is moving to Dubai from India and that has really prompted me to launch into another post about Dubai for obvious reasons. Though this friend isn’t much of a foodie but I know she would be a wonderful company to all my gastronomical adventures.
Here are top 5 foodie things I will not miss out on, when I visit Dubai:
- A food tour with Frying Pan Food Adventures: I have known Arva as food blogger for a few years now and her passion for food is unbelievable. She turned this growing passion for food into a foodie adventure by founding the food tour concept. Her food tours provide you with the most authentic of food and cultural experiences which you otherwise might completely miss. I follow her updates on social media closely so that I know the culinary delights I ought not to miss.
- Meet my blogger friends and have a meal together: Food blogging has been an enriching experience where I have met and interacted with lovely food bloggers, not just locally and regionally, but internationally as well. My visit to Dubai won’t be complete without meeting my fellow food bloggers and friends – Anamika, Amelia, Arva, Sally and so many others. I hope to sit down and have a meal with them discussing about what else – food!
- Visit the spice souk – I have the biggest fascination for spice markets and the Dubai Spice Souk tops the list. The visit will allow me to compare the different souk experiences I have had in Bahrain and Qatar. Bargaining is not my strongest trait but I will attempt nevertheless.
- Milk and Honey Dessert from Qbara – This dessert has caught my imagination and I have to try it. It is an indulgent dessert of Greek yoghurt and sumac panna cotta with a side of honey and saffron pashmak – this dessert according me is a thing of fantasy.
- Food Photography Workshop: I have started doing food styling professionally in Bahrain and am quite happy with the feedback that I am getting. But there are so many aspects of food photography that am yet to explore and learn. Time and again, I hear of wonderful food styling and photography workshops being conducted in Dubai. May be I should time my trip to benefit from one of these awesome workshops.
That should pretty much round up my Dubai food expedition. Now all that remains is for me to wait for my friend to come to Dubai. We were discussing her impending travel and is amazing the number of flights you have from India to Dubai these days. I recommended that she use FlyDubai which is one of the most convenient and cost effective ways to fly from India to Dubai.
If you think I have missed something out in my fun- foodie – stuff- to- do list, please let me know in the comments.